My preteen... ~ maya photography

Monday, July 23, 2007

My preteen...

Insert a big *sigh* here...My son turned 12 on Friday and gone are the days of matchbox cars and "mommy push me on the swing". Now it's all about the playstation 2 and "mom please don't embarrass me". He is turning into a wonderful young man, full of personality and humor...but I can't help but to miss the days when I could walk with him hand in hand to his classroom. I remember his first day of pre-k. He was only 4 years old. He wore a blue and green polo shirt with matching navy blue shorts and brown sandals. I walked him to Mrs. Roldan's classroom and he was so excited with his winnie the pooh backpack and huge toothless grin. I dropped him off and he gave me a kiss at the door and off he went, and off I went crying all the way to my car. Now I can't even walk him to his bus stop in fear that I will embarrass him. I know he still has many more milestones ahead of him, and I look forward to watching him go through it all. I just wish I could stop time for a bit and hold on to him for just a little longer. That is the #1 reason why I love being a photographer. I get to capture that time for people, times we forget in our very hectic life. These pictures will always be a treasure for me. My "want to be grown" 12 year old, just as he is....









3 comments: