Back from North Cacalacky... ~ maya photography

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Back from North Cacalacky...









So this past weekend the kids and I packed up and took a little road trip down to good ole' North Carolina to take pictures for my good friend Amber's 26th birthday. Yes it was an interesting trip to say the least. I am from the South, but there are different variations of the South, some obviously being more rural then others and I definitely was driving through the rural parts. The scenery was beautiful, I loved the old barns and the cute little towns. On my way there I found two spots that I definitely wanted to take pictures at. One being an old metal farm shed and the other being a run down abandoned store. I love places like that, that has a lot of character to it. So Friday night we got all 5 of her outfits together and we headed out for her photoshoot. The first place we went to was the old store. We found some interesting characters there. The windows were boarded up and all kinds of insect inhabitants were around. I had to take a picture of what was above her head most of the time. If you click on the pic you will see the spiders legs coming out of the hole. Besides our little spidey friend we also had ants crawling everywhere, including our legs and up to our thigh.









We finished up and then went to the barn shed which was off the side of the road, tucked into cornfields. I laughed at the way Amber was changing her outfits, trying to find a way to do it without getting caught by the many cars and trucks that were passing by. Our shoot was going good in this area and then all of a sudden an older hispanic man rode by on his bike. When he saw us he stopped and tried to tell us something. He pointed at Amber and then pointed at me, then pointed at the grass and made a sign of lawn sheers. Yes I know it sounds confusing, you could imagine how we felt. We didn't really care what he was saying, we just took it as a que to get out of there. He waited until we were in the car driving off before he rode off himself.
























Our last stop was the beach on Camp Lejeune Marine base. This was probably the most interesting part of our trip. While there I got Amber to cut loose and get in the water fully clothed. That definitely caught the attention of some men and Marine's that were partying on the beach. They wanted to know if they could get their pictures taken so we indulged them and snapped a couple. They later joked about me photoshopping a mustache or something worse and then posting them all over the internet. Although tempted...I told them I would never do such a thing..lol. So here are the rest at the beach, and one of the Marine's we met..Josh.






2 comments:

Melanie said...

Beautiful pictures!! Just beautiful!! Then again when aren't they??

Mariaelissa said...

Muah...thanks hon for the compliment!